Saturday, December 26, 2009

Perfect Christmas-es

Well Christmas is over and we shall soon be in 2010.

Our celebrations were perfect, although our Christmas eve and Day were "green"....but cold! We had three fantastic meals with Fiona, John and Bryn: both Fiona and John are superb cooks and produced first a delicious ham suppper for the Eve, a wonderful egg, 3 cheese and spring onion "bread pudding" for brunch on Christmas day followed by capons with wonderful trimmings as our main course, followed by a flaming xmas pudding (which Bryn felt compelled to keep blowing out resulting in repeated lightings!) made by John, on Christmas evening. All this garnished with Christmas cake baked by Fiona, mince pies and shortbread.

Sheona and Ken joined us and Bryn found another playmate in his Aunt giving Grandma a break! It was wonderful watching Bryn take control of the gift giving on Christmas morning....by the way Fiona had to wake him we were all up before him! She had been persuading him to stay in bed at 3.30 am and he certainly did as he was told!

We sat around a wonderfully "fat" and beautifully decorated pine xmas tree, the lights sparkling as we had our first cups of tea and watched the overwhelming excitement of one little boy.

So we have enjoyed two perfect Christmases and been thoroughly spoiled my my daughters because we are hardly permitted to lift a finger! I was allowed on both occasions to make the brandy butter we (my daughters and I) always have with the pudding.....although John makes custard, another English tradition.

I hope soon to be able to add photos to my blogs....that should perk them up! Until then bear with me please....it won't be too long before I shall be sending these epistles from the ship, all being well.

No comments:

Post a Comment