Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wedenesday May 5th:



I'm sitting in our cabin waiting to be told the ship is cleared. George is in the final Faculty meeting, Liz and Audrey are sitting on their beds in their incredibly tidy cabin....waiting...we are all waiting to be let ashore. I think we go forst, before the crowds and crowds of students....i do hope so. Fiding ones luggage is difficult at the best of times. Ours is pink labelled and was collected from outside our cabins yesterday so will be waiting pick up in the terminal. I have just one multi pocketed handbag and an intensely heavy (wasn't supposed to be but is!) back pack.



The sun is shining and it is hot...in the eighties. We are spending one night in the Springhill Suites near the airport and meeting Chris, Liz and Audrey, in different hotels for supper tonight...our 'last supper'.



Lots of wonderful memories and some regrets at not having tried harder to get to know people...I believe it either happens in three and a half months or it doesn't. My special friends from the last voyage have not been replaced, they were irreplaceable! That was such a sparkling experience this one very much 'the second time around'. Will miss Erika, Ann, Chris, Sherry, Bob and a few others. There are so many women I would love to have got to know better however my shyness or something held me back. Monica Karen and Jill particularly. i do know that we might meet again sometime somewhere, life has taught me its surprises....who ever would have thought twent five years ago that George and I would be married and that he, Liz and i would circle the globe together?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment