Monday, May 3, 2010

We're almost home...

Monday 3rd May





Just one more day before we leave the ship....and we may not board it again if we by any chance leave something on board. One exit only....too bad if you left your Grandmother's diamond ring near the hand basin....you've had it!



Tuesday 4th May



I didn't get very far with that one did I? I have just left a faculty lounge full of people to finally end this on ship blog.



David, you must be wondering (if no one else is) how Rockaby went. I think it went well: I had a lot of positive comments afterwards and I think Liz liked it. I was relieved to record it into a really sophisticated system which gave it a good sound. I had our music professor, David Harnish, playing the singing brass bowl for which I was terribly grateful. He is such and instinctive and sensitive musician and he listened and 'stroked' the bowl accordingly which was wonderful for my reactions. Ecce cor meum has such a sad lament and it started and finished the piece beautifully. It was fantastic to be allowed to decide on my own production, all the details were my own. Erika came to rehearse with me and made good suggestions but ultimately it was my own work....and I think she was pleased and that it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment