Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pen-Penultimate last words...maybe

Thursday April 29th

Wet decks again and it is warm and humid outside. I remember last year that Fort Lauderdale was as hot as anywhere we'd been! I know I must start to clear up and pack but feel too lethargic to make the effort. George is busy correcting exams as are most of the faculty. Students are studious and surprisingle muted.

We did a strange performance of Shakespeare in masks in the faculty lounge last night. I felt that our performance was wild and uncontrolled....which in some ways it was meant to be. Liz certainly thought so, George and others were much kinder. However, all that said, people actually seemed to get something from it so who am I to judge? I am not really comfortable with improvisational theatre....too much potential for disaster perhaps and my own insecurity.

The night before we had listened to music students playing Gamalong (Bali music) and it was wonderful. I loved the sounds and it was brilliantly performed to my untutored ear. Alot of work had gone into it and it showed. Great entertainment.

I am very apprehensive about my own solo performance of Beckett's Rockaby....what will anyone make of it I wonder? (Why do we do this to ourselves?!) It will be on Saturday eveing at 9.30 pm...perhaps as The Constant Wife has sadly had to be cancelled for this weekend you will have time to think about me and send positive thoughts!

I am so sad for all of the cast and crew of The Constant Wife...and especially for Rose. Sometimes amazing things come out of disaster and hopefully it will all turn out brilliantly in part because of the delay and the resulting pent up energy and desire to perform.

George has appeared and is now lying reading on our balcony with a chilled white wine in his hand....looks tempting. 'Bye.........

No comments:

Post a Comment